Here are some ways on how to maintain short relaxed hair so that it doesn’t break off and become heavily damaged:
- Drink lot of water and get an adequate quantity of rest to minimize stress. You should exercise systematically to be healthy because your hair is section of your body and will miserable if it’s growing from an unhealthy scalp. If required supply your body with supplements such as Omega-3 Oil, Biotin and multi-vitamin.
- Deep Condition your hair every 2 weeks to maintain more strength and moisture. Use a creamy deep conditioner that have many mild protein and moisturizing materials on your wet hair after a wash. Let it be in your hair for about forty minutes before rinsing. This is highly important as it really helps prevent hair damage so do it regularly and ensure your product of selection has good ingredients.
- Avoid using moisturizers with petrolatum and mineral oil. These concoctions NOT moisturize but rather useful as a sealant. They protect the cuticle layer from moisture loss and damage.
- Using an ionic, flat iron or ceramic curling will work well as long as they have temperature controls. 300-370 degrees is enough of heat to style relaxed hair depending on your hair’s thickness. There is no need to operate the irons over a part of hair more than once and certainly no more than twice. Before using the heat protect your hair with a heat protective cream or serum and not an oil. Remember to use as little heat as possible because it can just make more damage to relaxed hair if too often used.
- Don’t let the cover of a curling iron to clamp down on your hair. If this happens it will cause a super tenuous point in the hair that will break off. The barrel cover should be held rather open for the facilitate of your hair moving over the curling iron barrel. This way to avoids the tugging and pulling that comes from the pressure of the barrel cover if it’s clamped down.
- Avoid using excessive heat on your hair to style. If allows try to avoid heat all together. Use other ways of get curls and style settings like curlformers, wet setting and magnetic rollers. Heat should only be used on SPECIAL events and NOT everyday or 3-4 times a week. When you are going to blow dry your hair ensure it’s partly dry and chose the heat to medium. Keep in mind too much heat will make damaging.
- When you want to wash your hair more often than every 3-7 days you should use conditioner only which has been nicknamed “CO-Washing”. Black hair can never be over conditioned and much relaxed hair women cowash their hair 2-3 times a week. CoWashing is only washing your thirsty roots with a moisturizing conditioner in comparison with using a shampoo oftentimes which will certainly dry out chemically treated hair.
- Condition and wash your hair every 3-7 days with a conditioner and shampoo designed for chemically treated hair. DO NOT use shampoos with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. Ensure you also use a leave-in conditioner after every wash. Just comb through the hair with a wide-toothed comb and never brush while it’s WET because black hair will definitely break in this wet condition.
- Just relax your hair every 7-11 weeks depending on your hair texture. DO NOT relax your hair every time you look new growth.
Black Hair Best Flat Iron
Black Hair Flat Iron Styles
Flat Ironed Natural Hair Styles
How to Flat Iron Short Natural Hair Silky Straight
Flat Ironing Short Natural Hair